The Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum is an independent think tank for central banking, economic policy and public investment. It serves as a neutral, non-lobbying platform for exchanges between official institutions such as central banks, sovereign wealth funds and pension funds together with private sector counterparts.
Reporting to the Director of Markets and Institutions, the successful candidate will play a central role in managing the administrative and relationship elements of the immediate membership team, and the firm where appropriate. We are looking for somebody with 2-5 years’ experience as a personal or team assistant. The successful candidate will manage both the diary and all travel arrangements for the Director of Markets and Institutions. The successful candidate is likely to have some experience of relationship management, organising bilateral meetings with senior officials and counterparts and meeting logistics both locally and abroad. The candidate will also demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a strong commercial outlook and exceptional organisational skills.
• Working closely with the Membership team, particularly the Director of Markets and Institutions on a day-to-day business. This will include coordinating all calendar appointments and organising travel arrangements for them.
• Engaging all company departments to maximise high-level relationships and membership opportunities, acting as a point of contact on matters both internally for all staff and externally for members. This will involve:
– Coordinating with colleagues to ensure that both members and prospective members are contacted and followed up with in an appropriate way to invite prospects to become OMFIF members.
• Managing logistics and administration for meetings abroad from a membership team perspective. This will involve:
– Coordinating with meetings team colleagues to ensure that all participants have the relevant logistical information in good time.
– Coordinating information tours for the senior management team.
– Making sure that OMFIF’s internal records are up to date.
– Creating 1-2 day programmes of high-level bilateral meetings for OMFIF members locally and abroad.
• Helping create presentations to inform potential or existing clients about the company’s products or services.
• Compiling board meeting documents for the marketing and membership areas of the business.
• Adhoc diary and travel management for other senior members of the team, particularly at director level.
• Working with the finance department to ensure accurate records for reporting purposes. Assisting the membership team in ensuring timely payment of invoices.
• Contributing to the membership team and OMFIF’s wider aims and objectives. This will involve:
– Fully utilising operational functions, internal systems, processes and policies (eg the OMFIF CRM system, Salesforce) to enable and encourage business opportunities.
– Maintaining good customer relations and satisfaction and ensure the team adds value for public and private sector members, and support membership team to ensure members’ subscriptions are maintained and updated and membership is serviced.
– Collaborating with colleagues to explore ways of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the membership team.
– Keeping up to date with topical issues and areas of interest to OMFIF’s membership.
The successful candidate will:
• Personal Assistant or Team Assistant experience (particularly for a finance or membership organisation).
• Be highly organised, methodical with excellent prioritisation and time management.
• Have excellent communication skills both by phone and written form and good understanding of diplomatic language. A second language is an advantage.
• Show ability to work under pressure and will enjoy managing multiple projects to tight deadlines.
• Possess flawless attention to detail.
• Be able to work flexibly and successfully across teams and hierarchies and build relationships at all levels.
• Demonstrate good commercial understanding and proficiency in senior level client interaction.
• Operate standard Microsoft Office systems and CRM to a high level.
The following experience is desirable but not essential
• Working with CRM systems (particularly Salesforce) and diary management systems.
• Working in or with financial institutions (public and private).
Applicants should apply by email to email@example.com with the following documents:
• Up-to-date CV of no more than two pages
• Separate covering letter of no more than one page
• Send for the attention of Lauren Roberts and include ‘Application for Team Assistant, Membership’ in the email subject line.
Covering emails not accepted as substitutes to separate covering letters.