Whatever your reason for starting a job search, it’s important to be sure you know what you want out of your new role. Here, CEO and Founder of US-based Human Workplace Liz Ryan outlines 10 things to consider when looking at a role.
- Does the job description match your skills and strengths? Does it include activities you enjoy doing or want to do more of?
- Is there room to grow? Does the company promote learning and career development?
- Can you learn anything from your potential boss? Is he or she somebody you can trust and see as a mentor? Will you get along with him or her?
- How does the role line up with your ultimate career goals?
- Is there a good balance between independent work and cooperation?
- Will the role allow you to develop a particular set of skills that can make you an expert in a certain field?
- Will you be rewarded for your hard work and loyalty?
- Are the job conditions suitable for you (i.e. business travel, commute, working hours, salary, benefits, etc)?
- After meeting your potential colleagues, do they seem like the kind of people you can get along with both professionally and personally?
- Is the physical environment of the office one that you’re comfortable with?
Read the original article from Forbes at onforb.es/1LcyHxm