Sandals and Beaches Resorts has revealed additional protocols for group travel during the Covid-19 era.
The Company recently introduced extensive Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness to build on the already industry-leading practices to guarantee cleanliness standards and health and safety amidst Covid-19.
Enhanced cleanliness protocols are carried out across an all-encompassing 18 touch point system from the moment guests arrive at the airport and across every element of the resort experience. These touchpoints include airport lounges and resort transfer vehicles, all corners of guest bedrooms and bathrooms, public areas, restaurants, swimming pools, waterparks, and more.
The air conditioning units are being cleaned thoroughly with every guest check-out which is more often than industry standard practice and rooms are sealed after cleaning so that guests know that they’re the first to enter.
A triple-check inspection and cleaning system is in place across all key areas to ensure that every part of the resort is sanitised to the highest level. Transfers to and from the resort are operating at a reduced capacity to facilitate social distancing and staff are required to wear protective face masks and gloves.
Simon Foster, Deputy Managing Director of Unique Vacations UK, affiliates of the worldwide marketing representatives for Sandals and Beaches Resorts, said: “We’ve taken a no stone left unturned approach to cleanliness across all areas of our resorts. From when guests arrive at the airport to when they check out, they can rest assured that every area has been cleaned to an industry leading standard. All our Caribbean resorts were designed to include lots of open-air spaces and we’re making the most of these for events and larger group bookings. For almost 40-years we have been known for offering guests the upmost privacy which makes social distancing easy.”
Other elements of the enhanced MICE and Groups protocols include:
- Ballroom and Boardrooms – Events will be set up to facilitate social distancing between guests with 50% maximum capacity limits
- Outdoor functions – From cocktail hours to team-building exercises, outdoor space will be utilised to increase distances between guests and encourage fresh air whenever possible
- Dedicated and experienced Groups staff – The groups team at each resort is solely focused on accommodating the specific requirements of each programme with expertise from in-depth training
- Private dining experiences – Plated options are available for private, hosted group dinners, while accommodating every group size at a new maximum of six guests per table.
- A new level of service including ‘serving stations’ instead of passing round hors d’oeuvres and refreshments to limit contact
- Raising the bar – In addition to endlessly flowing premium drinks, luxury service now includes contactless delivery, with refills always served in new glassware
- At home to room online check-in service – Groups can now skip the front desk in just a few taps and head straight to guest rooms. Welcome service includes welcome cocktails, refreshing antibacterial towels and personal hand sanitiser
- Certified Sandals and Beaches sanitised guest rooms – After an extensive and thorough cleaning using healthcare-grade disinfectants, the front door is finished with a seal so guests know that they are the first to enter
- Top-tier personalised attention – In the highest-level accommodation, guests can expect their personal butlers to be a single point of contact, wiping down every surface when arriving and leaving as well as maintaining physical distance during each interaction.