Travelodge has been around for 33 years, making it a well-known brand but not one that many people really know. It’s grown and changed almost unrecognisably since it became Britain’s first budget hotel chain in 1985 – we bet it’s not the Travelodge you think you know:
- 546 hotels in the UK (and a further 16 in Ireland and Spain, who knew?)
- 41,000 rooms
- 177 Bar cafes
- 24-hour food availability
- £8.50 unlimited breakfast featuring all the brands you know and trust
- A great range of lunch and dinner dishes, at a sensational price
- 18 million customers stay with Travelodge every year. That’s over ¼ of the population
- 10, 000 employees keep Travelodge running
- Over £100 million invested
It’s that investment that is at the heart of the huge change in the Travelodge brand. 40,000 king size Travelodge Dreamer beds made exclusively by Sleepeezee have been installed to ensure a good night’s sleep for everyone.
All standard rooms feature ensuite bathrooms with showers, fresh, white bath and hand towels and hand, hair and body wash. Plus, Freeview TV, a spacious desk, plenty of power throughout and tea and coffee making facilities.
The new SuperRoom is the perfect choice with its added comforts designed with business customers in mind, including an in-room Lavazza A Modo Mio capsule coffee machine, a Hansgrohe Raindance 3jet adjustable shower, a choice of hypo-allergenic pillows plus in-room iron, ironing board and powerful hairdryer.
Travelodge is also investing in its Bar Cafes, creating bright, spacious, beautiful environments to eat, drink, work and relax in. And building new hotels, with a further 20 on the way.
All of that has resulted in over 400 Travelodge’s being rated four stars or higher on TripAdvisor by their customers.
Well worth a re-visit don’t you think?