1. Are you earning enough?
Despite many PAs enjoying a modest increase to their salary in 2017, employees are still unhappy with their monthly income. Hays outlines its recent 2018 UK Salary and Recruitment guide and what PA professionals are looking for from their employers.
2. Venue of the Week: Farnham Castle
Sitting within five acres of grounds, the castle overlooks the historic town of Farnham where guests can take some time out together and soak up the views of the countryside.
3. How to make the most of a downsized workplace
Paula Marshall, head of furniture and category sales at Office Depot UK and Ireland, shares her tips on how employers can adapt to a smaller workplace.
4. How long have you spent ‘killing time’?
Researchers have found that we waste 42 minutes every day waiting for various things, including friends or a bus.
5. How to plan an outdoor event
Summer may still feel like a distant dream, but this is the perfect time to start planning for events in the great outdoors to make the most of those warmer days.
6. Gender pay gap could take 170 years to close
Despite the pay gap in the UK steadily closing, the average woman in the workplace still earns 9.1 per cent less than the average man, according to data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
7. Historic Royal Palaces marks Kensington Palace Pavilion launch with gala dinner
Historic Royal Palaces marked the launch of the Kensington Palace Pavilion last night, where 300 guests were invited to enjoy cocktails and a gala dinner.
8. Bupa outlines new Mental Health Advantage policy
Bupa has launched an extensive mental health cover for businesses and their employers, which will help provide employees with support and treatment to manage all long-term mental health issues.
9. Competition: Win £150 hamper with Regent’s Conferences & Events
For you chance to win, simply book an event to take place at the central London venue before September 30. All bookings must be finalised before July 31.
10. Facebook’s data breach is ‘incredibly worrying’ for the industry
The news that Facebook is being investigated following a data breach has rocked the nation.