The Government this month introduced additional free childcare hours for working parents, allowing parents of three and four year-old children to get 30 hours of nursery care each week.
Are you eligible and how do you apply?
You can usually get 30 hours free childcare if you (and your partner, if you have one) are:
- In work – or getting parental leave, sick leave or annual leave
- Each earning at least the National Minimum Wage or Living Wage for 16 hours a week – this is £120 if you’re over 25
- This earnings limit doesn’t apply if you’re self-employed and started your business less than 12 months ago.
You’re not eligible if:
- Your child doesn’t usually live with you
- The child is your foster child
- Either you or your partner has a taxable income over £100,000
You can get 30 hours free childcare at the same time as claiming Universal Credit, tax credits or childcare vouchers.
To find out more about how to apply, simply visit the Government’s dedicated web page here