The Barbican has appointed event WiFi provider Max WiFi to enhance its services and network management for event attendees, staff and the public.
Max WiFi has upgraded the WiFi across the Barbican Centre, which now delivers greater performance in terms of capacity, speed and signal strength. In particular, the upgrades will support the Barbican’s hybrid and digital business events offering. Further details on this new offer will be announced shortly.
The network upgrade includes:
- Installation of approximately 40 additional Wireless Access Points across the Centre’s event spaces
- Stronger signal quality through upgrading existing WiFi Access Points
- An improved end-user WiFi experience with faster speeds and increased signal strength
- Increased capacity, allowing delegates to connect multiple devices in more event spaces
- The option to have Max WiFi Event Engineers on-site during events to offer support
Lee Dobson, Head of Barbican Business Event Management, said: “We are looking forward to the impact Max WiFi will have on our network, particularly as a result of the significant switch to hybrid and digital events we are seeing as a result of COVID-19. Thanks to Max WiFi’s extensive experience within the events industry, when we welcome delegates back to the Barbican, we are confident they will receive a WiFi experience synonymous with an internationally renowned venue.”
Max WiFi will be working closely with the Barbican Business Events team over the three-year contract.
Max WiFi support other venues such as Tobacco Dock, Central Hall Westminster & Sea Containers House. They also supply service to a number of temporary events such as Frieze Art Fairs, Fever-Tree Tennis Championships & Hillhead Quarry show.