1. Are you left to the ‘office housework’?
Dubbed ‘office housework’ by Harvard Business Review, it seems these less than glamorous tasks are often being left to the women and people of colour in the office.
2. Half of us are in the wrong job, reveals new research
The study of 2,000 employees also revealed that four out of ten plan to change careers within the next two years as a result, with other findings including:
3. Jennifer Smith named 2018 ‘PA of the Year’
Independent training provider, Pitman Training, launched the SuperAchievers Awards ‘to show anything is possible and to help reward people committed to driving their careers forward in a bid to inspire more of the British workforce to strive for more’.
4. Competition: Visit Southampton with the New Place Hotel
Arriving Friday, June 22, guests will be treated to dinner inside the hotel’s restaurant, while full usage of the leisure facilities will also be available the following morning.
5. How to organise a private dining event
As a PA you can often be tasked with the challenge of finding the perfect private dining venue, with a spot-on location. Liv Rafferty, digital content executive at Headbox, has pulled together a checklist for PAs, which will make the process of finding a private dining venue a breeze.
6. ‘Presenteeism’ hits record high in the UK, says CIPD
‘Presenteeism’, or people coming into work when they are ill, has more than tripled since 2010, according to the latest CIPD/Simplyhealth Health and Well-being at Work survey.
7. Not getting enough sleep? You’re not alone, according to new research
Research from Sainsbury’s and Balance by AromaWorks has found that on average Brits get just six hours and nineteen minutes of sleep per night.
8. Five ways to create the perfect home office
Creating a blissful workplace in your home might seem counterintuitive but actually it can really help your productivity
9. The Meetings Show details pre-show conference for 2018’s event
The programme, which will offer more than 45 hours of free education across the two-day show, will be open to buyers attending the event.
10. Tackling your security threats from the front desk
Ioana Nitu, product and solutions manager at technology solutions provider, Brother UK shares her thoughts and best practises for tackling security threats.