Today’s PAs are often expected to be event professionals. But organising corporate events can be a minefield. Here are some top tips from the experts at Apex to help you triumph.
- While the venue, catering, giveaways, travel, etc. are important, it’s the messages you convey to your audience that really matter. And you must get these right.
- Whether you want to boost awareness, share important messages, or make money, you can’t measure success without first knowing what it looks like to you.
- A failure to plan will cause problems. The ‘forget about it now, think about it later’ mentality just won’t cut it in the precise world of event planning.
- Your event should grab attention. So your speakers, location, theming, dining, and entertainment are all important.
- Your event not only has to look good, it also needs to support your wider business objectives.
- Tech doesn’t just give you the analytics and data you need to track success, it will also help you to maximise the number of leads generated, enhance the level of engagement with guests, and communicate with these guests post-event.
- Picking the right venue is fundamental to the success of your events, and getting it wrong could make all the difference – and not in a good way.
- If you’re planning an event, hiring a professional speaker is a great idea. And where maximum impact is needed, a celebrity can help to wow your guests and add kudos.
- You have a million things to do, but stepping away from that to-do list can help you to refocus, reducing the likelihood of burnout.
- A good event management agency will provide an ‘engine room’ of back office services and support, bringing all elements of your event together.
The team at Apex has been using their experience to create successful events for more than 25 years. Find out more about how they can help make your events a success or give them a call today on 01625 429370.