Do you worry about getting your work-life balance right? If so, you’re not alone – with 25 per cent of workers unhappy about it, 13 per cent working more than 49 hours a week and more than 40 per cent of employees neglecting other aspects of their life.
To try to help workers address the situation, Market Inspector has created 13 top tips on how to keep a healthy work-life balance. How many do you do…?
- Speak up when work expectations and demands are too much.
- Work smart, not long. Prioritise and allow yourself only certain time per task.
- Go to bed at the same time every night. Get enough sleep, ideally eight hours.
- Leave work at work. Don’t bring your work home.
- Use your holiday time. Plan yourself holidays in advance so you can look forward to it.
- Keep your lunch light and healthy. Avoid eating at your desk.
- Pick out clothes and prepare your bag for the next day.
- If you have to work from home, keep your leisure space and work space separated.
- Take breaks regularly. Visit a colleague from a different department or go out to breath some fresh air.
- Start your day without a rush. Get awake without haste, take a shower and don’t skip breakfast.
- Plan your tasks at the start of the day and have your time scheduled.
- Remember to drink enough water throughout the whole day.
- When you are sick, stay at home!