After months of virtual meetings and nice to ‘e-meet yous’, is it time to get the team back together. But after nearly a year of lockdown, what will people expect when returning to a face-to-face event? Russell Allen, Owner of Team Interactions specialist Fruitful, gives PA Life his top tips…
According to the Economist, in 2019, the workforce spent only five percent of their working time at home. In 2020, that number shot up to 60 percent. So, what will this mix look like in 2021?
Currently nearly all meetings are online – people plug in, listen, take part, and feel they are involved, all while WFH. But for most it is not the same as a face-to-face gathering. As lockdowns begin to ease and people are eyeing up returning to live events – there will be a tipping point when those weekly meetings no longer happen online – suddenly if people don’t attend, they begin to miss out.
At Fruitful we have over twenty years’ experience in the bank of helping businesses big and small inspire and motivate their staff both online and in the flesh. If you’re wondering how to make the most of these first meetings, here are our top ‘back to work’ team interaction tips:
- Begin dialogue with your colleagues by designing a brief questionnaire asking them what they would like to see – this will help define objectives.
- Ensure plenty of networking time – after lockdown, the social aspect is going to be important.
- Mix up the agenda and the room layout so people feel they have space and are comfortable in groups. Communicate this ahead of the event so people know they are going to be safe.
- More than ever, people will value outdoor space. Look to hold your meeting outdoors or somewhere where there is an easily accessible networking area in the fresh air.
- Generate team spirit by creating group activities which will encourage collaboration. If the budget permits, engage with a team interactions specialist.
- Ensure you take a poll on how the day went against your objectives.
And if you need assistance ensuring your meetings hit the mark, please do get in touch, as we would love to help ensure your company hits the ground running this summer. Find out more about Fruitful by visiting www.fruitfulteam.com or be in touch by emailing email@example.com.