The final bank holiday of the year points to summer being over as the nation’s thoughts turn to the Christmas holiday highlights, states research by the UK’s largest Christmas party organiser, Best Parties Ever.
Analysis carried out by Best Parties Ever shows a peak in demand for Christmas parties on the Tuesday after the final summer bank holiday.
#Blitzmas, the 24-hour period after bank holiday Monday, is the busiest time of year as consumers seek to shake off the onslaught of darker nights, frosty starts and a return to school term-times by creating a new calendar milestone.
A 26.7% increase in demand for a festive bash highlights a desire to banish the bank holiday blues by booking the new diary highlight. More than 11 million people are expected to attend a work Christmas party this year and with 23 locations in the UK, Best Parties Ever is a bellwether for the seasonal celebration.
Research around #Blitzmas from the Christmas party giant shows:
– 3pm on Tuesday is when Best Parties Ever will see the most visitors to its website, as workers put the kettle on and thoughts turn to the office do.
– The average spend per head is £86 + VAT. Some companies shell out up to £100 to ensure that their staff are rewarded for a year of hard work.
– A third of people say that being treated at Christmas could boost staff morale at their company.
– Nine out of ten businesses seek inventive alternatives to boring office parties.
Best Parties Ever aren’t the only organisation seeing the effect of #Blitzmas; half a million eBay searches* for the word ‘Christmas’ are made in August and Selfridges has its Christmas shop already up and running.
While guests are saving up for the Christmas revelry, Best Parties Ever will be gearing up to:
– Roll out 794 square meters of red carpet, enough to fit twice around an Olympic running track
– Polish 1,218,000 pieces of cutlery
– Lay out 7,000 square meters of dance floor, enough to cover an entire football pitch
– Serve 696,000 canapés
– Set up 880 metres of bar, that’s three times the height of the Eiffel Tower
– Serve 8,500 kg of chocolate in its desserts
– Use enough sparkling wine to fill three Olympic size swimming pools
– Peel and chop 33,000 kg of potatoes, the same weight as 125 elephants
– Reunite 135 lost umbrellas with their owners
Best Parties Ever is part of Eventist Group, an experience and event organisation. Tim Stevens, MD at Eventist Group, says: “For us, it really is Christmas every day but Tuesday Bluesday is a turning point as people set a new highlight in their diary. We take bookings all year round, but this particular day is the one that really flies, as staff and organisers fire the starting gun on the countdown towards Christmas.”
“So, through our ‘#Blitzmas’ campaign, we are calling on bosses across the land to stop being such a scrooge and get in to the Christmas spirit, by getting over your post-holiday blues and booking a Christmas night out with us! Christmas is well and truly on the way so it pays to embrace it!”